What are the power requirements for an Ecovim System?
Most units are three-phase 220 volt. See or request specification sheets for specific models.
How should I install a unit?
Your unit should follow the following guidelines:
1) The unit shall be installed in accordance with national and local wiring regulations and all applicable codes.
2) The unit MUST be placed at least 8” from the wall and more for the larger capacity units.
3) DO NOT pull or alter power cord. Pulling and misuse of the power supply cord can result in damage to the unit and cause electrical shock.
4) Ensure the electrical cord is properly grounded.
5) DO NOT place any materials on top of unit.
6) DO NOT use water to clean the unit. Use of a stainless steel cleaner and cleaning cloth are sufficient to wipe down the outside of the unit.
7) DO NOT alter the pre-programmed settings or disassemble the unit without first contacting ECOVIM USA. Failure to do so may result in a voided warranty.
8) Turn off in-coming power to the unit and lock-out breaker to perform any kind of maintenance or cleaning.
9) DO NOT open the input door during operation; it can cause odor issues and errors in the automated control and operation and cause burns from steam.
10) Ensure the unit and the area around the unit is clean. Proper maintenance of the unit is also highly recommended.
11) Please have ALL operators read the Operators Manual to ensure proper understanding of the unit and its operation.
Are the units mobile?
All units have casters for easy mobility. However, we recommend that the larger units be stationary as they should be hard wired.
Where should the drain hose go?
The drain line should run to any available floor drain. If there is no floor drain, available units can be re-fitted on-site with an aftermarket auxiliary pump, for elevated drains. Please contact RecyclingOrganics.com / Signature Marketing (877-658-7172) for more information.
How often should I clean the filter screen in the unit?
We recommend daily. Pull the screens from the top of the unit, rinse in clean water and re-install. No tools required.
What do the number displays mean, and is there something I should be monitoring?
The displays are for monitoring temperatures and time. They are pre-set from the factory and should require no additional input. If the numbers on the display exceed the programmed set points, the unit will shut down. Under no circumstances should the user change the pre-set temperatures.
How often should the tank be cleaned?
There is no cleaning of the tank required as the steam process self-cleans the inside — think of a self cleaning oven but without high temperatures or high pressure. If the hatch is opened during the process, there is no explosion of steam — it is more like walking into a steam bath. Periodic build-up on the shaft and paddles may need to be removed.
Should I expect some sort of odor?
The Ecovim System is a low-odor device. It effectively manages odor through activated charcoal air filters and a super-heated exhaust. It will emit a slight “cooking” odor at times, but you will not find it offensive.
How simple is the unit to operate?
Easy as 1, 2, 3. Fill your unit to the specified fill height, close all your doors, power the unit, and then, press start. It’s that simple
Food waste is a global problem, but only 3% is recycled. This is why households, businesses, municipalities and others can benefit from recycling—or dehydrating—food waste!
Learn about the revolutionary food waste dehydration process—a unique method to reduce food waste volume.
Find a model that can help manage your food waste needs—whether small, medium or large scale there is a product that is right for you.